Bonza will ground its entire fleet until later this week pending discussions on whether the budget airline will be able to operate during its voluntary administration period.
ASIC documents show the low-cost carrier, which was founded in late 2021 and only began flying last year, is now in external administration.
Administrators Hall Chadwick said the entire fleet would be grounded up to and including Thursday this week, as key parties consider whether the company can continue operating during administration.
Workers’ futures at the company are also under consideration as Customers with bookings up to and including Thursday are advised not to travel to the airport.
“The discussions regarding ongoing trading are occurring over the forthcoming days and the administrators will be in a position to update all stakeholders as the matter progresses,” Hall Chadwick said in a statement.
Customers can call Hall Chadwick’s hotline on 03 8678 1600 for more information. The transport minister has also set up a hotline for passengers. It can be contacted at 1800 069 244 and is available only until 10pm today.
Bonza chief executive Tim Jordan this morning…